The Top Home Feature Buyers Require In 2015September 3, 2015
If you’re hoping to sell your home this year, it’s important to become familiar with what buyers are looking for. That way, you
can make any necessary upgrades before putting your home on the market. Choose the right upgrades and speed up the selling
process, maybe even at a higher asking price.
What Homebuyers Demand
Today’s homebuyers demand efficiency, both in terms of saving time and conserving resources. This means the following features are in high demand in 2015:
· Energy Star rated appliances to lower demand for electricity and natural gas.
· Efficient windows to lower heat gain and protect furnishings from fading.
· Programmable thermostats to increase comfort, convenience and energy efficiency.
In this post-recession economy, homebuyers want customized closets for increased home organization. Walk-in closets, especially in the master bedroom, are in high demand. A custom closet design offers many benefits.
As they tour your home, prospective buyers picture being able to store their clothes, shoes and accessories in an organized way. They know this will shorten the time they spend searching for items every morning. Having a place for everything also ensures high-end belongings stay in good condition for years to come, maximizing the investment on nice clothes and accessories.
Laundry Room Cabinets
As one of the most utilitarian rooms in your home, the laundry room needs a way to stay organized. A custom laundry room cabinet design gets the job done right.
From laundry room cabinets to hanging rods to sliding storage baskets, you have everything you need to keep your cleaning products out of site, delicate items hung up to dry, and important supplies close at hand. Potential buyers will be floored by the detail found in your laundry room, one of the most important yet neglected rooms in the home.
Other Home Storage
In addition to walk-in closets and a decked out laundry room, a majority of homebuyers also want garage storage and a walk-in pantry. These features provide more room to store items in an organized way. For example, garage storage ensures there’s a place to park the car while pantry cabinets can even save money by organizing food to reduce waste.
What Homebuyers Couldn’t Care Less About
It’s clear that home efficiency upgrades, custom closets and laundry room cabinets are all viable additions to attract homebuyers. However, there are some features that simply don’t get as much attention today as they did before the recession. Don’t fret if your home lacks the following:
· Outdoor kitchen
· Two-story foyer
· Luxurious bathroom features
· Specialty rooms, such as media rooms and sun rooms
Are you eager to start your custom closet design? Spacemakers is your home organization expert here in Atlanta! We’re ready to help you prepare your home for the market. When you’re ready to begin, please request a free consultation.
Leave a Reply
- The Wrinkled Shirt in Your Closet has Something to Say
- Custom Closet: 3 Must Haves When on a Budget
- Spacemakers Installation Process
- Why You Should Renovate Your Home Entertainment Room for 2016
- 4 Atlanta Home Office Organization Tips for the New Year
- 3 Quick Tips for Preparing Your Pantry for Holiday Guest
- 3 Things to Look for in an Atlanta Garage Organization Company
- 3 Garage Storage Systems to Reclaim Your Space
- Custom Closet System vs DIY Closet: Which One is Right for You?
- 7 Custom Closet Design Hacks to Make the Most of Your Space